Vehicle owners should know that the engine in their car is a pretty complex machine. It has numerous moving parts that are all under intense stress. Nevertheless, the motor provides the power to transport you and your vehicle down the highway. Therefore, when your car engine needs oil to function correctly, it is vital to get regular oil changes. When oil gets old, it loses its effectiveness.
IS YOUR TANK SPIRITUALLY FULL?
As it is in the natural, so it is in the spiritual. How do you gauge your spiritual strength? Are you thriving or surviving? As believers, we need fresh oil! In the Bible, oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. When you look at what is happening in the world, we have wars and rumors of wars—political upheavals—mass shootings, and Racism on the rise. In addition, life comes with a plethora of problems: sickness and disease, loss of loved ones, financial crises, increase in job loss, divorce and relationship decline. These things can take root and deplete the oil that keeps us going daily. So it's vital to check our oil status.
WISE OR FOOLISH?
In the Gospel of Matthew 25:1-13, Jesus shares the story of The Parable of the Ten Bridesmaids. Some had extra oil as they waited for the wedding to start. But the others ran out of oil and never made it into the wedding. This story is a parable Jesus told to get his followers to prepare for His return. He tells us in Matthew 24:44, "So you must be ready because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
As we read in this Bible story, those who are wise have lamps full of fresh oil. In other words, they are filled with the Holy Spirit and are ready for Christ's return. The fools have a lamp, but they are out of oil, meaning they lack the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in their lives. Therefore, they aren't ready for Jesus to return. Are you among those who are wise or those who are foolish?
OIL CHANGE CHECK!
When was the last time you checked your spiritual oil light? Have you been trying to borrow oil from someone else? Has someone been trying to get oil from you? It's vital to know that you cannot live off yesterday's oil, and no one can live off another's oil! You need your OWN oil! So how do you know when it's time for a spiritual oil change?
- Is your prayer life more PATHETIC than POWERFUL? - It's time for an OIL CHANGE!
- Find yourself growing SOUR and cynical about life? - It's time for an OIL CHANGE!
- Are you making PEACE with your secret sin---you accept your addictions instead of waging war for your soul? If so, it's time for an OIL CHANGE!
Allow God to cleanse you from all the debris that have infiltrated your spiritual walk with Him. There's no need to give up; instead, receive FRESH OIL - a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit - from your Heavenly Father!
Here are 2 ways to get fresh spiritual oil in your life:
- DAILY DEVOTIONS - Start your mornings with prayer before you do anything else. Try the 30 Day Resilient App. If you did it already and completed it, start it again. Start each day with JESUS!
- GET BAPTIZED - Here at Liquid Church we are excited to celebrate Fall Baptism NEXT SUNDAY. If you have recently given your life to Christ - or have been following Jesus for a while but never baptized, this is a great opportunity for you to take your next step. This is your moment! To sign-up to get Baptized, simply click here.
We pray that you will invite God into your heart this week. Invite Him to wake you up and give your fresh oil and fresh strength in this season!