Church Online Pastor
The Church Online Pastor will help lead the Church Online Campus and Weekly Experience at Liquid Church. More than just sharing information and resources, the Church Online Pastor will shepherd people in the digital space, encouraging spiritual growth, while building an online community. The role requires someone who loves people and is called as a pastor, and also has the skills of a technical, media, and brand expert.
The Church Online Pastor reports directly to the Digital Director on the Air War Team, with additional oversight and support provided by the Pastor of Campuses. A full-time position, the schedule is generally Sunday - Thursday for a total of 40 hours/week.
Church Online Leadership & Pastoral Care:
- Provide pastoral leadership to Liquid Church’s online community by implementing a digital strategy for evangelism (reaching new people), assimilation (getting guests into community), recruitment for teams (serving with Church Online), and increased engagement in virtual small groups, digital events, and social media so that a robust community is developed.
- Serve as the weekly Church Online Host / On Camera Talent, pre-recording scripted segments to-camera for our Church Online audience. Eventually moving to a live production of Church Online each Sunday.
- Create a culture of care and prayer for members of the Church Online Community, providing 1:1 care as needed, and leveraging digital Dream Teams for support.
- Creating daily and weekly social media rhythms to provide care and share content on Church Online social platforms, effectively modeling engagement to the community.
- Creates regular communication rhythms with the Church Online Community (e.g., email and social media) to inform and inspire.
- Implement recruit / retain / reward systems to ensure robust Digital Dream Teams are created and cared for to support Church Online and related events.
- Encourage the growth of online groups for community building.
- Providing Campus Leadership for all campus staff and volunteer leaders in terms of spiritual support, leadership development, and direct management.
- Work with the Digital Director, Communications Manager, Creative Arts Pastor, and Service Programming Director to ensure alignment on branding, organizational voice, and production values for Church Online.
Digital Event & Content Creation
- Assist in creating and executing strategic digital events that are attactional to key audience groups, such as parents, couples, and young adults. (e.g., Monthly Prayer Events, Virtual Marriage Night, Young Adults Mixer)
- Produces and serves as on-camera talent for digital events. Assist in crafting event run sheets, scripts, and resources to ensure events are planned with excellence in mind.
- Helps execute upon the church’s digital content strategy, producing value-add content for Liquid’s Media Library (e.g., Podcasts, Blogs, Devotionals)
Data & Technology
- Commit to keeping up with Church Online best practices, examining viewer trends, tracking key metrics, and measuring engagement to continually reassess how to best optimize the Church Online product. Uses data to drive decision making.
- Works with the IT department, Technology and Service Programming Directors to make any necessary adjustments to the Church Online platforms and output.
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree required, Master of Divinity or Equivalent Higher Education preferred.
- Experience - 2 years experience managing direct reports required
- Spiritual Maturity - A person who regularly practices learning God's Word, allowing God to renew their mind, and being obedient to what they learn.
- Tech Savvy - Ability to learn new and changing technology with ease.
- Project Management - Ability to see through multiple major projects at once and meet weekly deadlines
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written communication skills; adept in public speaking
- Confidentiality - Ability to maintain discretion when necessary
- Relational Ability - A “people” person who works well with staff and volunteers of varying personality types.