Clean Water Cafe – Counter Crew
Our exceptional staff will serve delicious breakfast, lunch, and specialty coffee creations in a warm, work-friendly environment. The CWC will measure its success not in earnings, but in providing employment for adults with Special Needs. The CWC will create a path for our special friends to be accepted, included, and valued in the workplace. The Café will provide local jobs and will create a culture where learning differences aren’t just appreciated, they’re celebrated!
Job Summary: Counter Crew
The Counter Crew Member interacts with guests and staff in a cheerful, efficient, and professional manner, helping them to understand our menu offerings and answering questions accurately. The Counter Crew Member will help with other duties such as cleaning, brewing coffee and tea.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Liquid Church.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain high standards of professionalism.
- Works as a part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Greets all guests in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner.
- Prepares foods such as cookies, pastries and muffins, and other prepared foods (Chick-fil-A)
- Grinds whole coffee beans, brews coffee and tea, and serves items to customers.
- Helps with other areas of the restaurant when needed.
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the counter area, floor, and work areas, and takes out trash, etc.
- Ensured cleanliness of cafe, completing basic cleaning duties of the cafe including but not limited to cleaning the counters, the tables, washing dishes, taking care of trash, and mopping the floors.
- Cleans and restocks work and dining areas, empties trash, and sanitizes equipment and utensils.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updates signage and displays to attract customers.
Fundamental Skills Needed:
- Service Orientation: Friendly and positive attitude. Actively look for ways to help people.
- Active Listening: Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communication: Communicates with others to convey information effectively, by way of speaking, using a talking device or using visuals.
- Social Perceptiveness: Is aware of others' reactions and understands why they react as they do.
- Spend Time Standing: Continually or almost continually.
- Contact With Others: Constant contact with others.
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls: Continually or almost continually.
- Deal With External Customers: Extremely important.
- Face-to-Face Discussions: Every day contact with others.
- Work With Work Group or Team: Extremely important.
- Physical Proximity: Moderately close (at arm's length).
- Age: 21+
- Entry level position; no experience required.
- No educational background required
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- At times, employers do strongly consider the level of experience and skills. However, the majority of the time the training will be provided by the CWC management team which usually covers areas such as the basics of coffee-making, correct use of equipment and customer service, sometimes unruly or demanding customers.